Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 109

Thread: Arnie will be back as Conan !

  1. #51
    Grand Master DayDreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Touring the Galaxy
    Posts
    5,776
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trapz View Post
    says who?

    Have you read the books ? That's what I meant, Conan did not grow old ...
    .................. ............
    'Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass ... It's about learning how to dance in the rain.' ...

  2. #52
    1st Dan
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,132
    Post Thanks / Like
    no but I know the movies had their own path and intentions for the future sequels.
    Quote Originally Posted by DayDreamer View Post
    Have you read the books ? That's what I meant, Conan did not grow old ...

  3. #53
    Grand Master Dragonrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    6,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by T100 View Post
    Also having arnie as Conan and Jason as Conan in the same film is stupid. Universal will make it not another shitty Bulgaria project by avi Lerner. Man if that guy cared a little bit about having more value in his production nu image/ millennium cud be doing so much better. Partly why Conan remake didn't make that much avi won't go out of his way to get the best directors.
    lol...who said that Momoa and Arnold would play Conan in the same movie haha? And where did you come up with this bullshit that New Conan was shitty production lol. Last movie looked awesome visually and from production stand of point...not cheap at all. Plus it looked real...with real locations, real mountins, real ships, real caves, real forests, real sets...it wasn't CGI crapfest...hell, even those sand people where made by combining stunt guys and CGI, plus it was violent and Momoa was awesome as Conan...hell, maybe even better then Arnold.
    New movie tanked because poeple are stupid assholes who think that Arnie IS Conan and they didn't want to see somebody else in that role, its simple as that. But those stupid people forget that Conan is first of all book and comic book character that was only played by Arnie, and nobody else after. But there is no diference betwen Conan or Three Musketeers or Tarzan, they are all book character, but these last two got more movie adaptations and more actor played thos characters, while Conan was playe only by Arnie and thats why people saying that he IS Conan. NO, Arnie is not Conan at all...if anything, Conan in books and comick book is diferent, faster, more agile (like Momoa was), educated and surprisingly, he spekas a lot in comic books, much more then Arnie did in movie. Just at the time when new Conan was released I got my hand on these comic (book), each has 300-400 pages...

    Conan books.jpg

    And while I was reading those...this new movie felt even better to me...it was perfect Conan movie based on those comics. I mean, Batman was played by what 6-7 diferent actors, and nobody was saying hey, Bale is not Batman, Keaton IS Batman lol. IMO Momoa deserves another Conan movie even more then Arnie. If they announced that Arnie is doing True Lies 2 with Cameron, I would be happy as a little baby...but that he is doing new Conan in his late 60s...well, call me crazy but I'm really skeptical about that one. You can post as much pictures as you want and saying that he is in good shape...and yeah, he IS in good shape for a guy of his age (although not in that good shape as Sly), but he aint in good shape for Conan...not even old Conan, and I dont think that he can achieve that shape (maybe with some illegal bodybuilding substance like Sly did). I mean, when they will be making this Conan, in 2014. I believe Arnie will be 67 years old...he now has problems with his joints (he said it him self), and was never really a fast guy...so I'm afraid how will this look on screen and not to look to hilarious. And I will probably be skeptical until I see first pictures or trailer...

  4. Likes DayDreamer liked this post
  5. #54
    Grand Master vanberch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    29,406
    Post Thanks / Like
    i dont get where this was coming from that the new CONAN movie looks cheap. to me, its the most expensive looking nu image movie ever. also the best looking made in bulgaria movie as well. even the CGI work looks much better than in EX1 and 2. i also enjoyed the movie. it was OK. 6,5/10.

  6. Likes DayDreamer liked this post
  7. #55
    1st Dan
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,419
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DayDreamer View Post
    Have you read the books ? Conan did not look like Arnie ... He looked like Momoa, very agile ...

    Arnie is too old, Conan was never written as older ...

    The new Conan was mishandled and definitely tanked, unfortunately, but that doesn't mean Momoa wasn't good ... It may have been more of a success if Arnie hadn't done them earlier, then a better producer would have picked them up ...
    Agreed, I've read the books and he never is an old man (although there definitely is a story where he is some kind of king and gets fucked over by some sorcerer, but he's not old in that book). I still don't understand the dislike of the new movie, it looks great, is very violent, Momoa is way more like Conan is in the books and there's a lot of cool over the top stuff that still looks raw and cool. Sure, the script and dialogues aren't that brilliant, but it's a sword & sorcery movie about some primeval time, I don't expect people to be quoting Sokrates or Plato in a movie like that.

  8. #56
    Grand Master T100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,992
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im talking about nu images productions in general looking cheap. At the end of the day me and I'm sure many others wud much rather see arnie as Conan than momoa weather it fits the comic books or not. Hollywood always adapts comics to their own scripts so I doubt they give 2 shits that Conan doesn't age. If hollywojd stuck to the books than wed never have the franchise that is rambo. It's a fact that momoas Conan tanked and there will be no sequel so u guys might as well accept that Arnold as Conan will be made.
    Last edited by T100; 10-28-2012 at 10:58 PM.

    "Yeah bro we did it!"

  9. #57
    Grand Master T100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,992
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrage View Post
    lol...who said that Momoa and Arnold would play Conan in the same movie haha? And where did you come up with this bullshit that New Conan was shitty production lol. Last movie looked awesome visually and from production stand of point...not cheap at all. Plus it looked real...with real locations, real mountins, real ships, real caves, real forests, real sets...it wasn't CGI crapfest...hell, even those sand people where made by combining stunt guys and CGI, plus it was violent and Momoa was awesome as Conan...hell, maybe even better then Arnold.
    New movie tanked because poeple are stupid assholes who think that Arnie IS Conan and they didn't want to see somebody else in that role, its simple as that. But those stupid people forget that Conan is first of all book and comic book character that was only played by Arnie, and nobody else after. But there is no diference betwen Conan or Three Musketeers or Tarzan, they are all book character, but these last two got more movie adaptations and more actor played thos characters, while Conan was playe only by Arnie and thats why people saying that he IS Conan. NO, Arnie is not Conan at all...if anything, Conan in books and comick book is diferent, faster, more agile (like Momoa was), educated and surprisingly, he spekas a lot in comic books, much more then Arnie did in movie. Just at the time when new Conan was released I got my hand on these comic (book), each has 300-400 pages...

    Conan books.jpg

    And while I was reading those...this new movie felt even better to me...it was perfect Conan movie based on those comics. I mean, Batman was played by what 6-7 diferent actors, and nobody was saying hey, Bale is not Batman, Keaton IS Batman lol. IMO Momoa deserves another Conan movie even more then Arnie. If they announced that Arnie is doing True Lies 2 with Cameron, I would be happy as a little baby...but that he is doing new Conan in his late 60s...well, call me crazy but I'm really skeptical about that one. You can post as much pictures as you want and saying that he is in good shape...and yeah, he IS in good shape for a guy of his age (although not in that good shape as Sly), but he aint in good shape for Conan...not even old Conan, and I dont think that he can achieve that shape (maybe with some illegal bodybuilding substance like Sly did). I mean, when they will be making this Conan, in 2014. I believe Arnie will be 67 years old...he now has problems with his joints (he said it him self), and was never really a fast guy...so I'm afraid how will this look on screen and not to look to hilarious. And I will probably be skeptical until I see first pictures or trailer...
    damn dragon I was looking for a paragraph reply :D lol ure forgetting that this guy won 7 mr Olympia titles. With today's testosterone boosters as well as all the muscle memory arnie has (which is a ton) he can no doubt get into shape. Ure acting like Arnold is as out if shape as seagal. His arms are already looking very good. I'm sure before shooting hell dedicate at least 3-4 months of Training. Hes basically getting paid to eat sleep and train. 60s today aren't like 60s ten years ago. Like I said b4 he doesn't need to be ripped up running around shirtless the entire movie. Sly didn't do that in Rambo 4 on purpose as its too much seeing a 60 year old like that. As long as he has the arms and build he'll be fine . With today's medical advances he. Can safely use gh without having the negative effects if abusing it

    "Yeah bro we did it!"

  10. #58
    1st Dan Coligion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by T100 View Post

    Nice picture. Arnold's arms are looking good here. No doubt, Arnold can get into shape for this role. I still can't believe the wheels are in motion for this project! I wish it was the King Conan script Milius coined, but I won't complain. Looking forward to see what other names become attached to this project.

  11. #59
    Grand Master DayDreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Touring the Galaxy
    Posts
    5,776
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by T100 View Post
    Im talking about nu images productions in general looking cheap. At the end of the day me and I'm sure many others wud much rather see arnie as Conan than momoa weather it fits the comic books or not. Hollywood always adapts comics to their own scripts so I doubt they give 2 shits that Conan doesn't age. If hollywojd stuck to the books than wed never have the franchise that is rambo. It's a fact that momoas Conan tanked and there will be no sequel so u guys might as well accept that Arnold as Conan will be made.

    I don't think anyone disagrees that it tanked but we liked it better ...

    We'll see if Arnie's will tank also ... Maybe it's the relevence of the movie that was the problem because Momoa's was good, probably better in every way than Arnie's were, back in the day ... So maybe people are sick of barbarian's right now ? Anyway, I will go to see Arnie ... I liked the originals, they seemed more comedy than the NU one ... They were a novelty then and had big stars ... James Earl Jones, Max Von Sydow, Wilt Chamberlain, big names back then ...

    I like Momoa's better and I would really like another ...
    .................. ............
    'Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass ... It's about learning how to dance in the rain.' ...

  12. #60
    1st Dan
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,419
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked both movies and have to admit that Arnold's Conan definitely had the better soundtrack and cooler dialogues, but the new movie had a better Conan, better action (the action in the old movie looks really stiff) and just resembled the books a lot more. As a fan of the books I really appreciate these things, even though I really liked the 1982 version as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Untitled Document

Disclaimer: VAN DAMME FAN is NOT affiliated with Jean-Claude Van Damme. We are an unofficial site created by fans. Some of the information you will find on here is confirmed truth. Some of it is simply discussions between dedicated fans who express their personal views for which we are not responsible. The photos and content on this site is mostly information found on the internet. We do our best to cite our sources and give credit where credit is due. However, some photos and information may not state their source and we have no control over that. All copyrighted material belongs to the copyright holders. If you find any of your copyrighted material on this site, and you would like for it to be removed, please contact us using the contact form, and we will have the content removed.